Thursday, May 22, 2008

Banners and Pitas!

I was in a creative mood tonight and decided to create a new banner! Just as I was finishing it up and admiring my digital handiwork, I realized it was 60 pixels short of the necessary 660-pixel-width size that sets it flush with the left and right borders. My heart sank a little bit. I think it turned out well, but being the perfectionist I am (especially with my design work) I can't help but squirm a little every time I see that the banner doesn't extend all the way to the right. : (

Besides that, I really do like how it turned out. : )

On another note, Steve and I worked out today and had a blast. After pushing our poor muscles to the limit of exhaustion (and speaking in the obligatory Ahnold accents) we decided to hit the Pita Pit for a bit of healthy, yet tasty, dinner. He had never been there and really ended up liking it. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an alternative to the typical burger/taco/sandwich fare. The pitas are as fat as well-fed puppies (not that I would eat puppies) and fill you quite nicely. You can find the Pita Pit on the corner of Bulldog Ave and University Ave in Provo, just kiddie corner from Provo High School.


I told Steve how much I disliked their logo (shown above) and he responded with a laugh. "Is that all you see anymore?" Which I thought was funny, considering that I really can't look at a logo or any design for that matter without critiquing it extensively. I figured the logo sucked because it was a little local place, but when I searched for this logo online, I found that the business is actually a nation-wide chain. Yeah. No excuse for the crappy logo now.

Maybe I'll offer them a redesign.

-Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment