Friday, July 25, 2008

Fire on Y Mountain

Hey, everyone, I'm sorry I've been a slacker with blogging lately. I've got a few really great posts to get up, and I promise they'll be up soon.

In the meantime...

Tonight, as we were driving back from watching The Dark Knight on IMAX (which is amazing, by the way, and much better than the regular theater) we spotted a fire on Y mountain. We drove up there to get a better view but were met by firefighters blocking the road to the Y trailhead. I rolled down my window and asked a firefighter if it was caused by fireworks. He responded with, "I don't know. We've got a fire. You need to get out of here." He was a little cranky, but just doing his job.

When we got home, I decided to shoot it - which was challenging due to the heavy amount of background noise from a streetlight only 50 feet from my window. Shooting through the window doesn't produce the cleanest images either. The picture actually turned out really well, though.

Crazy, no? I'm betting that fireworks are the culprit.

-Barry

4 comments:

  1. so we all know i tend to call 911 for ridiculous reasons. this was one of those occasions. in my defense, i called provo FD first but got no answer.

    the call to 911 went like this:

    *ring ring*

    OPERATOR: provo 911, what is the address of your emergency?

    ME: well, actually... yeah, umm... you probably are already aware but there's like a fire up on the mountain by the Y.

    OPERATOR: yes, there have been firefighters on the scene for an hour and a half now.

    ME: oh, well, ok. i just thought... i'd call. i saw it when i was driving home and, i mean, i tried to call the fire department but no one answered. and when i looked up there it didn't look like there was anyone doing anything about it. so... yeah... sorry to bother you.

    OPERATOR: not a problem. thanks for your concern. can i get your name and phone number?

    ME: sure... ana riquelme. 801 310 2322.

    OPERATOR: thank you.

    *click*

    ME: no problem. have a good eveni....

    and then i realized i'm an idiot. cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks suspiciously like a V to me! Or a U !! those dirty Utes!!
    where does their evil end!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a "U"!!!!! It's those Utes trying to warn us! jk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think for one minute it was fireworks. that is exactly what those satanic U fans would want you to think. You realize it's almost football season, right? at least that is what my husband tells me. constantly. with more enthusiasm than he had when he proposed to me. seriously. not joking. he's obsessed.

    ReplyDelete