Sunday, November 23, 2008

What song will you hear when you die?

Imagine that moment when you pass from this life into the next. I know, I know... it's not a thing you think about everyday, but sooner or later we're all going to die.

So - like I said before - imagine you've just moved on. You're at that point where you begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel and little glowy things float around you and things are beginning to get very beautiful and very peaceful. What music do you hear playing?

Now, I don't know if you will really hear any music playing (doctrine on that is still pending) but if your life were a movie, and you'd just died, what music would accompany that part of the film? It's a fun question to think about. Would you choose something soft... with strings? Something spacey? Maybe a famous song from an opera or musical. Would it be a sad sounding song? Happy sounding? I'm interested in your responses.

Here is mine:



-Barry

3 comments:

  1. Dude this is a cool post. My song would be Ruby Falls by Guster but it's kinda a toss up between several others.

    If anyone has a sec check out my blog: http://dailyderbi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, since I would clearly be going to Heaven and I would clearly be overjoyed about it (and rather pleased with myself) It would surely have to be We are the Champions by Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could find a song anywhere on Earth that would accurately protray that moment for me. The closest thing I can think of is a stirring instrumental. Something that would evoke all the emotions felt at that time. Excitement, anxiety, sorrow, etc.

    ReplyDelete