Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Welcome to December!

Oh, man, I love this month!

I love the snow, the colors, the sights and sounds. I love the palpable excitement you see in kids, the glow of the lights on the tree, the familiar music. I love the spirit of giving, the emphasis on the Savior, the deep sense of peace you feel on Christmas morning.

And while Christmas has become ridiculously commercialized, I do love the crowds, the bustle, the fuss, and the messy traffic.

And most of all, I love spending time with my family, eating enormous meals and mountains of foods that give cardiologists nightmares, and seeing that look in somebody's eyes when you've given them a gift they love - be it a necklace made with macaroni or a new Lexus (damn you, rich people).

To commemorate the Christmas season, I've changed the look of the blog a little bit. I hope you like it!

-Barry

2 comments:

  1. like the new design, you always seem to come up with something awesome

    ps, you crack me up - you and your macaroni necklaces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love your posts. :) Shoot me an email when you get a chance. I would like to talk about wedding/engagement photo's with ya.
    -Brie
    gaia_sky@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete