Thursday, June 18, 2009

I wanna be like Mike

"Like Mike! If I could be like Mike!" (Sung in that familiar 80's tune) These were the words to a commercial sung about Michael Jordan in the 80's. I can't remember what the commercial was for. Maybe Wheaties? I know it wasn't just some ad for Michael Jordan. That would be absurd. There was a product involved, but I can't remember what it was.

Anyway, that was a tangent. The Mike I wanna be is not Mr. Jordan. (Although, to have his skills would be awesome if only for the fact that I could go play in the NBA and put that pompous little Kobe Bryant in his place. What the hell kind of name is Kobe anyway? Sorry. Another tangent)

The Mike I want to be like is Mike Rowe - the guy from dirty jobs.


I think mostly it just comes down to the fact that I want his job. He has the best job in the world, doesn't he? You go to work at a different job for one day of every week and get REALLY dirty. Basically, there's no pressure because you've likely never done what you're about to do, but you still get to drive the big machines and such, and if you screw up it's like "Hehe... don't worry about that, Mike. Our factory burned down last week as well." Then you go make a commercial for Ford. And, hey, maybe you'll even throw in a QVC bit just for the heck of it.



...maybe.

-Barry

2 comments:

  1. aah...Manliness, thy name is Mike Rowe!mmm,mmm,mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I laugh every time he says "poo"

    ReplyDelete