Monday, September 21, 2009

Double Feature!

That's right! It's two blog posts in the time it takes to read ONE blog post! Now that's value!

First off are pictures from a hike Mike, Linda, and I did a couple of Friday's ago. Why I never got around to posting them in the blog, I'll never know. (By the way, I love saying "hike Mike" ... don't you?)


We started our hike up a chute of rock that looked promising at first but eventually turned into some pretty scary climbing. What you see Mike and Linda climbing, here, was the easy part.


Scattered along the way were remnants of mining and/or quarrying that was done in the area.


I had forgotten to bring any water (stupid mistake) and realized halfway up the mountain that I was dangerously dehydrated. I'm not sure if you can see it in this picture, but I was extremely woozy at this point, often losing my balance as I climbed up the mountain. Luckily, Linda brought water and after a moment of rest and rehydration I was back to normal and able to safely get down the mountain.


We all took pictures at that rock. This is Mike.


And this is Linda. As you can see, they both chose the contemplative "look-over-the-valley" look, while I chose the "good hell, I'm dehydrated" look. :)


This past weekend we got a big group together and went out to the sand dunes.

My brother, Steve, and his wife, Ashlyn, came along. Aren't they a cute couple?


The storminess that afternoon caused cloud formations and coloring that you only see once every three or four months, so while I drove I coached Steve on what to shoot and how to shoot it while he sat next to me. :)


Every once in awhile I see a picture that I want to paint. This is one of them.


This was one of only a few pictures I got out at the dunes. Next time I promise to get more pictures of the dunes themselves. :)


I leave you with the image of perfectly roasted little smokies. They were delicious.


-Barry

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast! I'm trying desperately not to make a joke about your last photo. Just...too...easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh, Laura! You beat me to it. I was also going to say something about how excited Barry looked to put those weiners in his mouth... but that would just be wrong. Wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two and your dirty minds! Can't a grown man enjoy a little smoky every once in awhile without being plagued by a gaggle of teasing comments? ;)

    ReplyDelete