Monday, September 14, 2009

Rear Ended!

Some clueless looking gal in daddy's BMW rear ended me today.

I was turning right onto State Street from University Parkway, up near the University Mall and as I was about to turn right, I noticed that the lane you normally turn into there had a bunch of barricades, construction, and the like. Not a big deal, though. I stopped for a moment to wait for traffic to clear the next lane over, and just as it cleared ... BAM!

I guess she thought I'd already gone or something? Which is amazing to me, considering my car isn't small or hard to see. I drive a large, champagne colored boat - a car that was easily twice the size of hers! Besides, isn't the first car you see usually the one RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU? It's not even like I had started to go and then slammed on my brakes. I'd been stopped there for a good 30 seconds! This is why I refer to her as "clueless." It was a very avoidable collision.

Luckily it was only a bump. I didn't even stop because I knew no damage had been done. A few seconds later, she cruised by me on State Street and I turned to shrug my shoulders - a reasonable yet calm attempt to display my displeasure - but she was completely oblivious to me.


She was on her cell phone.

-Barry

10 comments:

  1. That sucks! You could have at least tried to get a date out of her. Sheesh, Barry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some peoples children, you should of flipped her the bird...you are too dang nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwwww...I would have made her pull over just to teach her a lesson! dumb girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had been that girl I would have been mortified! Glad there was no damage, though, to either you or your vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that seriously a picture of her, or just a random one? Because I would have been crying or really freaked out—not smiling on the phone! I think it was really nice of you to shrug it off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, it's not an actual picture of her. :) Just some picture of a girl on a cellphone I found on google.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you got rear ended by a girl and not a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I cannot believe that. I thought it quite impressive you got a picture of her..Then I read your comment.

    You should have flipped her off at least. Well, it was nice of you to be nice, but she could have had the decency to shrug back at you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What the HELL BARRY!?!?!? I don't care how minor it is... You always get them to pull over, take they're information, and then milk their insurance for as much as you possibly can! I got hit in the University Mall parking lot about 6 months ago. There was hardly any damage, but there was enough to file a claim. I got $600.00 out of that little ding. Did I use it to fix the car? HELL NO! I put that SHI in the bank. You've got to take advantage of the stupid, careless, "clueless" people of the world. Only the strong thrive in this world Barry. You very easily could have gotten 4 or 5 hundred dollars out of her insurance. What's that? You say I sound like a blood sucker? Maybe, but I'm a rich blood sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! Love all of the comments. Thank you, Anonymous, for your advice. ;)

    ReplyDelete