Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Zombieland

Zombieland is a movie that has no real plot, merits no academy awards, lacks in meaningful themes, but still makes you laugh your butt off. It's not a movie you'd take your kids to, unless you take your kids to movies with a lot of graphic, zombie blood and adult language. If that's you, I'd like to slap you. That's right. Next time, take your kids to something nice like... No. Definitely not the Hanna Montana Movie. I'll slap you for that as well. You take them to that nice little movie with the meatballs that fall from the sky. Yeah. That's good for kids.

The movie follows an awkward, college-age kid (Jesse Eisenberg) who finds himself alone as the only non-Zombie in his small, mid-American town. He soon meets up with a few others who have yet to be plagued with the Zombie disease and they make their way across the country with the ultimate goal of finding "Pacific Playland" - a theme park in Los Angeles that is rumored to be zombie-free.

The movie is fun, light-hearted, and full of quotes that you'll remember for their hilarity. Woody Harrelson's character is especially funny as the tough, but tender-hearted Tallahassee - a man who knows how to kick ass, but also enjoys the little things in life, especially Twinkies. It also features a cameo by Bill Murray, who plays his usual, funny self.

Remember, though. I warned you about the gore and the language. If you can't take either, I suggest you steer clear of this one and go watch the movie with the meatballs in the sky.

-Barry

This one's for you, Tallahassee...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I removed your comment because I was afraid it contained a spoiler. I don't want to give too much away.

    I agree, though, that the line you spoke of was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a confession that will undoubtedly not surprise you. I really like the Hannah Montana movie, but I will admit it is definitely not for everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete