Sunday, April 4, 2010

Random Brain Rebellion


Sometimes I'm talking to somebody about somebody else and I suddenly can't remember that other person's name. People I know really well, usually. Even family members sometimes. It's like my brain revolts for a few minutes at a time, refusing to fetch the proper data like it knows it should. When this happens it suddenly becomes a race in my head against the person I'm talking to, to figure out the person's name. It usually goes something like this:

Me: How's umm... crap... I can't remember his name.
Other: Well describe him to me. Do I know him?
Me: (Incredulous) Duh! Yeah! He's like one of our BEST friends.
Other: And you can't remember his name!? Is it David?
Me: No...
Other: Mike?
Me: No...(At this point I frantically throwing out name fragments that don't really make sense) Daba... Ryo... Emer...
Other: Dude, what the hell is wrong with you?
Me: Oh... Eric. Yeah. So... how's Eric doing?

And then, for some reason, they don't want to talk to me.

Stupid brain...

-Barry

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a classic case of, "I just had a baby" brain. Wait a minute... what's YOUR excuse?

    By the way great pix! Did you draw it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, this would be a typical day for me...it's called being a natural blonde.

    Or finals week...on of the two.

    ReplyDelete