Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Deja Vu

I saw this commercial a few days ago:



Now, at first glance I was thinking, "Oh, how clever. They used the old Big Red commercial theme song. Yeah, I like that." But deep in my brain - among the files of my 80's childhood memories - something clicked. I remembered the original commercial. I remembered that it had a sculptor; and camping; and suddenly this remake was THAT MUCH better!

Check out the original and see what I mean.



Awesome.

-Barry

P.S. Recognize the band boy in the old commercial? Here's a hint: "You'll shoot your eye out."

P.P.S. In the newer commercial there is a couple kissing in the background at the very end! Hah! Genius!!

4 comments:

  1. I noticed the same thing! I wonder how many kids these days would recognize the ad...they probably wouldn't. I feel old...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that looked like Ralphie! This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "So kiss a little longer, Dance a little longer, Wait for the iPhone a little longer, longer with Big Red"

    ReplyDelete